The focus of this workshop will be on providing graduate students with useful tools & techniques to create and maintain a scholarly profile in both print and the online environment. Workshop outline-
I. Why does it matter? Author's rights and copyright issues to consider
2. Open Access, what is it and how can I use it to increase visibility for my work?
3. How do I know if anybody else ever sees my work?
4. Are you in a good place? Finding the best place to pulish your work.
5. Altmetrics, how the internet has changed the way we look at citation counts.
6. Social Media for scholars- Using the tools you know and love (and some you may never have heard of) in creative ways to help you put your best foot forward.