Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Commercial Presentation Tools
Other Tech Tools
Some of these may be totally free but some just give you a free trial.
· Ispiring free – Powerpoint to flash converter
Slideshare - post your slideshows and share
Comic Strip Creators:
- ARIES - An interactive image manipulation system that enables the exploration and organization of fine digital art. Free web based access with free account. Also makes timelines.
IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework)
Open Source Presentation Tools
These are open source or free presentation or visual tools. Most require you to register and some are available for free for a trial period
- Google Books Ngram Viewer - When you enter phrases into the Google Books Ngram Viewer, it displays a graph showing how those phrases have occurred in a corpus of books (e.g., "British English", "English Fiction", "French") over the selected years.
- Google Drawings - make flow charts, diagrams, callouts - part of Google Drive
- Simply Analytics - Web-based mapping application to create thematic maps and reports.
- High quality, good resolution images - for enlarging or zooming if neeeded
- Show as large as possible, with captions that have information for image (for artworks artist, title, date, location if applicable, media and size if available)
- Giving attribution or citing an image you didn't make is ethical and helps other people discover the original creator of the image. Cite your own work too! It's the right thing to cite!
- Captions should be near 18 pt
- Clean font that is easy to read, usually a sans serif font if best
- Simple backgrounds such as white, black, or gray so they do not clash with colors of the artwork
- Professional, well proofed and edited slides that appeal to the eye
- Know your audience
- Be "present" at your own presentation!
Research, Instruction & Outreach Librarian