- For Administration area, Inland water, roads, railroads, elevation, land cover, population, climate, gazetteer datasets.
Railroad Commission of Texas - For Purchase
- "This geographic information system combines detailed information and location coordinates for oil wells, gas wells, and pipelines from the Commission's files with base map data captured from U.S. Geological Survey 7.5 minute quadrangle maps."
Texas State Data Center and Office of the State Demographer
- Provides census data including population estimates and projections for Texas, as well as other information from the federal government, state government, and other sources.
Texas Association of Counties
- A central clearinghouse for Texas county-related information and datasets. Datasets include both tabular and geospatial data on agriculture, economy, financial, health, natural resources, redistricting, and transportation in Texas.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- "See links for available TCEQ spatial data, raster data, geographic data viewers, Administrative Boundaries, Hydrology Aquifer, Land Use/ Cover, TCEQ GIS standards, and useful GIS links."
Texas General Land Office
- Provides a variety of data on Texas including political boundaries, hydrography, transportation, topography, ecology, parks, energy resources, and coastlines, coastal leases, oil spill/coastal response data, and coastal management program data.
Texas Natural Resources Information System
- "TNRIS archives, maintains, and distributes the largest collection of current and historical geospatial data sets on environmental, geological and administrative issues for the State of Texas."
Texas Parks and Wildlife
- Provides many shapefiles of natural features such as river basins, ecoregions, bays, parks, borders, vegetation, and Biological provinces
Texas Tech University GIS Repository
- A great resource for geospatial datasets such as roads, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, census, DEM, Landsat TM imagery, populated places boundary, etc. for Texas and other parts of USA.
Texas Water Development Board
- Includes GIS datasets on natural features, such as major aquifers, annual precipitation, river basins, administrative boundaries of Texas and water info pertaining to wells, basins, rivers, aquifers, etc.
United States Geological Survey
- A National Elevation Dataset including 1 - 30-meter spatial resolution DEMs.
United States Geological Survey
- Land Cover, NED, Orthoimagery, aerial photography, avhrr, cal/val reference sites, ikonos, declassified data, digital line graphs, digital maps, eo-1, forest carbon sites, global land survey, hcmm, land cover, radar etc.
United States Geological Survey (USGS) - Earth Explorer
- Satellite imagery, multiple landsat scenes and DEM
United States Geological Survey (USGS) - Glovis
- Satellite imagery, multiple landsat scenes
United States Geological Survey - Texas
- "The U.S. Geological Survey currently operates about 688 data collection sites in Texas for acquiring information on surface water, groundwater, water quality, and precipitation. These sites are equipped with satellite telemetry, which provides real-time data via GOES satellites and downlinks, which enable the posting of data to the Web for public dissemination."
United States Fish and Wildlife Services - Geospatial Data
- A good source for regional and national data relating to habitats, ecosystem regions, bird conservation, refuges, and more.
University of Texas Center for Space Research
- Satellite and aerial imagery mainly of Texas (Astor, Modis, Landsat).
University of Texas School of Architecture
- Provides links to downloadable geographic and tabular data files suitable for different regions: locally and abroad.
Water Data for Texas
- The Texas Water Development Board obtains lake levels from partner organizations including the United States Geological Survey (USGS), International Boundary Water Commission (IBWC),
Local: Counties, Metros, Cities, and Towns
Austin Historical Survey Web Tool Maps & GIS Data
- For data related to historic preservation in the Austin, TX area.
Capital Area Council of Governments
- "CAPCOG provides vector data (e.g. point, line, or polygon) as an ESRI geodatabase and an ESRI shapefile; and raster data (e.g. orthoimagery, digital elevation models, etc) as a MrSID file for the Capital Area / Central Texas area". Data covers topics like hydrology, geology, political boundaries, land cover, transportation etc.
City of Austin
- Various GIS Datasets for the City of Austin, TX area.
City of Austin
- Shapefiles and Raster Files on the following themes: Address Points, Subdivision boundaries, City Grid, Facilities, Hospitals, Zipcodes, Electrical Service Areas, MUD's, Water Service Lines, Contour Lines, City Parks Creeks and Lakes,watersheds, Land use, City Zones etc.
City of Galveston
- Floodplain, landmarks, voting districts, subdivisions, school districts
City of Georgetown
- For City Council District, City Limits, Streets, Jurisdiction, Future Land Use 2030 plan, Parcels, Zoning, Survey Control Benchmarks etc. datasets
City of Houston Planning Data
- "The P&D Department has developed an enterprise level GIS to serve the entire City of Houston. The goal of the GIS division is to serve the geographic information system and geospatial needs of the City of Houston across departments and among all staff and citizens."
City of Pflugerville
- Provides geospatial datasets for the Pflugerville area including City Limits, Subdivisions, Streets, Transportation Plan, Zoning etc.
City of Round Rock
- Provides geospatial datasets for the Round Rock area including Address Points, Buildings, City Limits, Contour Lines, Drainage Basins, Land Use Layers, Parcels, Rail Roads, Streets, Subdivisions, Zoning
City of San Antonio
- Here you can download GIS data for the San Antonio area that includes parks, viewsheds, boundaries, city hall, corridor plans, aerial imagery and more.
City of San Marcos
- City Boudaries, flood plains, elevation, contours,
Fort Bend County GIS
- For various GIS Datasets like roads, DEM etc. for Fort Bend, TX
- A great resource for obtaining data on physical development in the Austin, TX area. The site provides GIS datasets, spreadsheets, and maps on development activity. See Growth Watch Data by Year for georeferenced building permits.
- For various GIS Datasets for Hays County, TX like addresses, appraisal value, etc.
Hays Geospatial One Stop
- United States Omernik, EPA Cleanup sites, NOAA Raster Nautical, Administrative, USA Soil Survey, U.S. Transit Lines and, National Land Cover, Geology, NOAA Weather Radar
Harris County Appraisal District
- For Roadways, highways, utilities, emergency, easements, county borders
Houston-Galveston Area Council - GIS Data Clearinghouse
- Provides GIS data for census boundaries, regional boundaries, statewide boundaries, cultural features, environmental, hazards, hydrologic datasets, land features, land cover datasets, transportation, water quality Aerial photos, Lidar, Census, Land Use/Cover datasets, etc.
Houston GIS Portal
- Provides the platform to search for Houston city-related data and maps or upload datasets.
North Central Texas GIS Data
- General GIS data for the Dallas/Fort Worth area in a range of file formats.
Travis Central Appraisal District
- For datasets such as addresses and values of homes.
- For various GIS Datasets for Travis County, TX like Travis county maps, water, wastewater, bridges, districts, jurisdictions, etc.
San Antonio river authority
- For Lidar, DEM, floodplains, streams, creeks, etc. datasets.
University of Texas - Austin School Of Architecture
- For both Statewide and local GIS datasets.