- An online-based interactive resource on varied topics related to Africa. It provides users a chance to view and create maps. It is hosted by Harvard University.
Cal-Atlas GeoSpatial Downloads
- The Cal-Atlas site coordinates the development, maintenance, licensing and sharing of geospatial data and web map services by California government agencies, partners and stakeholders. The following are some datasets made available: elevation, biota, agriculture, transportation, administrative boundaries, health etc.
California GIS Resource Center
- A Geoportal that provides easy and convenient ways to search, discover and use geospatial about California.
Capital Area Council of Governments, Texas
- "CAPCOG provides vector data (e.g. point, line, or polygon) as an ESRI geodatabase and an ESRI shapefile; and raster data (e.g. orthoimagery, digital elevation models, etc.) as a MrSID file for the Capital Area / Central Texas area". Data covers topics like hydrology, geology, political boundaries, land cover, transportation etc.
China Data Center
- A resource hosted by the University of Michigan which provides free statistical data and other data about China on topics like hydrography, relief maps, landuse, and census.
- Hosted by Columbia University's Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at the Earth Institute. It provides a variety of socioeconomic data, including Geographic Information System (GIS) databases that cover the administrative regions of China, presented at a scale of 1:1,000,000. These databases may be integrated with agricultural, land use, environmental, and socioeconomic data to track China's economic growth, population increases, and environmental change.
City of Austin
- Various GIS Datasets for the City of Austin, TX area.
City of Austin
- Shapefiles and Raster Files on the following themes: Address Points, Subdivision boundaries, City Grid, Facilities, Hospitals, Zipcodes, Electrical Service Areas, MUD's, Water Service Lines, Contour Lines, City Parks Creeks and Lakes, watersheds, Land use, City Zones etc.
City of Austin Planning Data
- Provides GIS maps of historic districts, land use, future land use, neighborhood planning, and more.
City of Galveston
- Floodplain, landmarks, voting districts, subdivisions, school districts
City of Georgetown Texas
- For City Council Districts, City Limits, Streets, Jurisdiction, Future Land Use 2030 plan, Parcels, Zoning, Survey Control Benchmarks etc. datasets
City of Houston Planning Data
- "The P&D Department has developed an enterprise level GIS to serve the entire City of Houston. The goal of the GIS division is to serve the geographic information system and geospatial needs of the City of Houston across departments and among all staff and citizens."
City of Pflugerville, Texas
- Provides geospatial datasets for the Pflugerville area including City Limits, Subdivisions, Streets, Transportation Plan, Zoning etc.
City of Round Rock
- Provides geospatial datasets for the Round Rock area including Address Points, Buildings, City Limits, Contour Lines, Drainage Basins, Land Use Layers, Parcels, Rail Roads, Streets, Subdivisions, Zoning
City of San Antonio
- Here you can download GIS data for the San Antonio area that includes parks, viewsheds, boundaries, city hall, corridor plans, aerial imagery and more.
City of San Marcos
- City Boundaries, flood plains, elevation, contours,
Colorado Department of Local Affairs
- Political boundaries, TIGER 2010, 2000, 1995
Colorado Division of Water Resources
- Water related datasets for Colorado
Colorado Division of Wildlife's Natural Diversity Information Source
- Available datasets include species maps, vegetation, hydrography, and CDOW boundary data. The site also provides link to the Natural Diversity Information Source for interactive maps and data such as land use, development, hunting, and more.
DIVA GIS - Data
- GIS data covering different topics like administrative boundaries, water, roads, landcover, population, and climate for almost all countries in the world.
Education Demographic and Geographic Estimates (EDGE Geodata)
- A geodata initiative from the National Center for Education Statistics. Obtain datasets such as K-12, Colleges, School districts and other socio-economic files.
European Commission Inspire Geoportal
- This site provides access to spatial datasets from EU countries.
- It represents the European National Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registry Authorities. Available datasets include DEM, Boundary maps etc.
GADM Maps and Data
- The site provides maps and spatial data for all countries and their sub-divisions.
- Provides free maps, data, and publications on Canada. All collections and documentation are currently also accessible from GeoGratis website.
GeoGratis (Natural Resources Canada)
- A website where you can find free maps, data, and publications on Canada to use without restriction.
GIS Data Depot
- A GIS data repository for both the US and other countries with several data free for download.
- Provides basic geospatial datasets about various locations around the world.
- A site dedicated to providing information about geospatial data for Latin America, as well links to census data for most countries in Latin America.
Global Administrative Areas
- For Administrative boundaries of different countries and places around the world.
Hays Geospatial One Stop
- United States Omernik, EPA Cleanup sites, NOAA Raster Nautical, Administrative, USA Soil Survey, U.S. Transit Lines and, National Land Cover, Geology, NOAA Weather Radar
Harris County Appraisal District
- For Roadways, highways, utilities, emergency, easements, county borders
Houston-Galveston Area Council - GIS Data Clearinghouse
- Provides GIS data for census boundaries, regional boundaries, statewide boundaries, cultural features, environmental, hazards, hydrologic datasets, land features, land cover datasets, transportation, water quality, Aerial photos, Lidar, Census, Land Use/Cover datasets etc.
Houston Data Portal
- Provides the platform to search for Houston city-related data and maps or upload datasets.
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI) (National Institute of Statistic and Geography)
- An online database for national geospatial and statistical datasets for Mexico.
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI) (National Institute of Statistic and Geography) Map Viewer
- A website that serves as both a map viewer and a download site geospatial data on Mexico.
International Boundary & Water Commission
- Various sources of GIS Data for areas along the US-Mexico Border.
- A great resource for free basic map data concerning administrative boundaries in Africa.
Map NY (SUNY Albany)
- A map-based information system developed with ArcIMS, connects communities with helpful information using data from the census as well as state and federal agency reports. It provides city, town and tract level information and, in a separate mapping page, county level data as well.
New York State Museum
- A great resource to find data on topics like geology, oil and gas, and boundaries.
North Central Texas GIS Data
- General GIS data for the Dallas/Fort Worth area in a range of file formats.
NYC Dept. of City Planning
- Available datasets include zoning, land use, city facilities and boundaries.
NYS Gazetteer and GeoData Collection
- A searchable database of places, providing names, feature types, grid coordinates and other geographic information.
NYS GIS Clearinghouse
- Browse for GIS datasets on a wide range of themes from several Inventories.
Princeton Empirical Studies of Conflict (ESOC)
- Provides various data on Mexico including Demographic/Socio-economic data, Administrative boundaries, Transportation, Public Opinion on Security and Crime data.
Princeton - Empirical Studies of Conflict - Mexico Homicides (2006 – 2011)
- Geo-referenced yearly data at the municipal level on homicides reported in death certificates from 2006 to 2011.
SACOG Info Center
- SACOG creates and maintains a tremendous quantity of data, including maps about the Sacramento region which covers El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties and the cities within each county. Examples of datasets provided include demographics, and administrative boundaries.
SCAG Mapping and GIS
- Map and geospatial data from the Southern California Association of Governments. The SCAG Region covers Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura and Imperial counties. Available datasets include administrative boundaries, transportation networks, flood data, traffic analysis etc.
"Shapefiles of Mexico"
- A blog handled by Diego Valle-Jones providing data and metadata (in Spanish) about Mexico. Datasets include Administrative boundaries, Places, Transportation etc.
SimplyAnalytics (On-Campus Access)
SimplyAnalytics (Off-Campus Access; find SimplyAnalytics under "S" Databases then log in with you TXState ID and password)
- A web-based mapping application that provides users the ability to interact with complex datasets, create maps and download data.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- "See links for available TCEQ spatial data, raster data, geographic data viewers, Administrative Boundaries, Hydrology Aquifer, Land Use/ Cover, TCEQ GIS standards, and useful GIS links."
Texas General Land Office
- Provides a variety of data on Texas including political boundaries, hydrography, transportation, topography, ecology, parks, energy resources, and coastlines, coastal leases, oil spill/coastal response data, and coastal management program data.
Texas Natural Resources Information System
- "TNRIS archives, maintains, and distributes the largest collection of current and historical geospatial data sets on environmental, geological and administrative issues for the State of Texas."
Texas Tech University GIS Repository
- A great resource for geospatial datasets such as roads, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, census, DEM, Landsat tm imagery, populated places boundary etc. for Texas and other parts of USA.
Texas Water Development Board
- Includes GIS datasets on natural features, such as major aquifers, annual precipitation, river basins, administrative boundaries of Texas and water info pertaining to wells, basins, rivers, aquifers etc.
- For various GIS Datasets for Travis County, TX like Travis county maps, water, wastewater, bridges, districts, jurisdictions, etc.
United Nations Global Resource Information Database
- The website provides global as well as regional and national datasets from the UNEP spatial data clearinghouse.
University of Arizona - Mexico GIS Data
- Provides access to geospatial data for Mexico such as Administrative boundaries, census, rivers, archaeological sites etc.
University of Texas-School of Architecture
- Provides links to downloadable geographic and tabular data files suitable for different regions: locally and abroad.
US Forest Service - California
- Includes geospatial data for national forests in California, along with regionwide, provincewide, and statewide datasets.