Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Data
COVID-19 Cases US
COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports
Obtain reports produced by Google that "chart movement trends over time by geography, across different categories of places such as retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces, and residential". Essentially, "see how your community is moving around differently due to COVID-19".
Visit this page on Github for an archive of all the reports.
COVID-19 GIS Hub
- Get maps, datasets, applications, and other resources about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
COVID-19 Testing Sites Locator
- Locate testing sites for COVID-19 in your community.
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- Find latest global data about COVID-19.
SimplyAnalytics COVID-19 Database
- Find and view COVID-19 data at the national, state, and county levels. The data is originally from USAFacts.org and is updated daily with the current numbers. The data variables include the following:
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by date.
- Prevalence of confirmed COVID-19 cases (per 100,000 individuals) by date.
- Deaths from COVID-19 by date.
- Prevalence of deaths from COVID-19 (per 100,000 individuals) by date.
- To access the data in SimplyAnalytics, use one of these ways:
- Recommended Go to the Data tab, click on the "Data Folder" view (located just below the data search box), then scroll to the bottom of the list of data folders, or
- Go to the Data tab, click on the Health category icon, then check the box next to COVID-19 in the list of health sub-categories.
- Some of the best ways to view the data in SimplyAnalytics include:
- Map View: map the COVID-19 data by County or State.
- Ranking View (Table): rank all counties in the United States to identify areas with the highest counts or rates of COVID-19.
- Comparison Table View: add your counties and states and any COVID-19 variables to this report to compare rates over time.
- Related Data Table View (click on New View+ to access this option): add one variable from a folder to this view and the rest will be added automatically.
GIS Services Specialist
Nathaniel Dede-Bamfo, Ph.D., GISP
Alkek 105 A
Alkek Library │Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX, 78666
To make an appointment, click here.
About the GIS Services Specialist
Nathaniel Dede-Bamfo received a Ph.D. in Geographic Information Science from Texas State University. Nathaniel is a passionate academic with over ten years’ experience in teaching and research particularly, in the field of Geospatial Science. His research interests include Geospatial Modeling, Spatial Accessibility and Mobility, Sustainable Rural Development and Geography of Sub-Saharan Africa. Nathaniel enjoys meeting people and sharing ideas.