Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask A Librarian
Use the Ask a Librarian service for questions about library resources, research assignments or other information. We offer chat and text, or you can email your question.
Individual Research Consultations
You may also make an online or face-to-face appointment with a subject librarian. Learn more about individual research consultations.
ILL - TexShare
COVID-19 Update: The Interlibrary Loan unit at Texas State has resumed normal operations. However, due to many libraries still being closed and not lending physical items, it may be difficult or slower than usual to obtain some items. Please be patient!
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
ILL is a free library lending service available to current TxState students and employees. ILL borrows items from other libraries that the Alkek Library does not own. Use ILLIAD, the online interlibrary loan request system, to order your ILL items. Typical turnaround for a book is 1-2 weeks and must be picked up at and returned to the library. Articles are sent to requestors via email.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
512.245.4893 or email.
Items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk on the 3rd floor of the Library.
- All current Texas State students and employees are eligible.
- Cards are valid for 1 long semester.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students that do not return items will have "holds" placed on their records. This will prevent you from registering for classes, obtaining transcripts or grades, etc.
- For questions about TexShare contact the Checkout Desk at 512.245.3681 or via email.