Open this page in a separate window to follow along with the screenshots for a Quick Start to using the Texas Data Repository
1. Start on the homepage: https://dataverse.tdl.org/dataverse/txstate
2. Click "Log In" at the top of the website
3. In the Shaded "Institutional Account" box, choose "Texas State University" and click "Continue"
4. Log in with your NetID
5. Choose the "Texas State University Dataverse" to add your data to our dataverse
1. Now that you're inside the Texas State University's instance of the Data Repository (aka our "dataverse), click on "Add Data" to add your data to the data repository. Then choose "New Dataset".
2. Fill in all the required fields, and any optional fields to describe your data that will allow it to be discoverable and usable by other researchers. The affiliation should be left as "Texas State University".
1. After the initial steps in describing your data set, click on "Select Files to Add" to add files to your dataset.
2. After adding files, it's important to describe your data to the fullest. Click on "Edit Metadata" to add additional information.
3. Add additional files or make other changes in the same menu.
4. Note the options to edit Permissions - this will allow other institutional collaborators to work with you on your dataset before it is published.
5. Once your dataset is complete and fully described, submit your data to be published using the button at the top of your dataset page.
6. Your dataset will be reviewed by the Digital Collections Librarian. They'll help with reviewing metadata for accuracy, and making sure the dataset is ready to share. Contact the librarian with any questions you have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You'll get an email with a link to the live dataset once it is published.