Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ILL - FADS/GrADS - TexShare
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
ILL is a free library lending service available to current TxState students and employees. ILL borrows items from other libraries that the Alkek Library does not own. Use ILLIAD
, the online interlibrary loan request system, to order your ILL items. Typical turnaround for a book is 1-2 weeks and must be picked up at and returned to the library. Articles are sent to requestors via email.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
512.245.4893; Items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk on the 3rd floor of the Library.
Graduate Student Article Delivery (GrADS)
Via FADS and GrADS, Alkek Library delivers electronic copies of articles or book chapters (choose *article request* and put in page numbers) from our print journal collection right to your desktop or mobile device.
Purpose of this Guide:
- Identify and locate different formats of information (both scholarly and otherwise) using library resources
- Construct effective searches using effective search strategies, basic Boolean principles and database filters
- Understand the different formats for information
- Use research tools and indicators of authority to determine the credibility of sources
- Cite resources using citation generators and MLA format
Ask a Librarian
Use the Ask a Librarian service for questions about library resources, research assignments or other information. We offer chat and text, or you can email your question.
Individual Research Consultations
You may also make an online or face-to-face appointment with a subject librarian. Learn more about individual research consultations.