Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Academic Excellence Indicator System (AEIS) pulls together a wide range of information on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas every year. This information is put into the annual AEIS reports, which are available each year in the fall. The performance indicators are:
- Results of Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS*); by grade, by subject, and by all grades tested;
- Participation in the TAKS tests;
- Exit-level TAKS Cumulative Passing Rates;
- Progress of Prior Year TAKS Failers;
- Results of the Student Success Initiative;
- English Language Learners Progress Measure;
- Attendance Rates;
- Annual Dropout Rates (grades 7-8, grades 7-12, and grades 9-12);
- Completion Rates (4-year longitudinal);
- College Readiness Indicators;
- Completion of Advanced / Dual Enrollment Courses;
- Completion of the Recommended High School Program or Distinguished Achievement Program;
- Participation and Performance on Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations;
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) – Higher Education Readiness Component;
- Participation and Performance on the College Admissions Tests (SAT and ACT), and
- College-Ready Graduates
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collection and analyzing data related to education.
The Condition of Education is an integrated collection of the indicators and analyses published in The Condition of Education 2000–2010. Some indicators may have been updated since they appeared in print.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) provide leadership, guidance and resources to help schools meet the educational needs of all students. TEKS for Mathematics
Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
TXSt Department of Mathematics Seminars
MAA On This Day and Math in the News
Alkek Library has a 3-D printer available on the 4th floor, the FAQ tab links to a related guide.