Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Selection Criteria
Library will purchase material at the instructional level (2) for the library’s collection in support of the following degree programs:
- BA, major in History
- BA, major in History (with teacher certification, Single Teaching Field)
- BA, major in History (with teacher certification, Two Teaching Fields)
BA, major in History (with teacher certification, Social Studies Composite) As an undergraduate major, the discipline of history provides students with skills.
The department allocation will also purchase material at both the Instructional level (2) and Research level (3) for the following degreed programs:
- History, M.A.
- History, M.Ed.
- Public History specialization, MA
The department allocation will also purchase material at research level (3) for the library in support of the Department of History faculty research.
Specific Selection Criteria
Collection efforts will concentrate on, but are not limited to the following areas:
- professional history (college teaching, research, or writing)
- public history
- historic tourism
- History of the United States
- History of Europe
- History of Texas
- History of Latin America
- History of the Middle East
- History of Asia
- History of Immigration and Ethnicity
- Texas Music History
- History of Africa
- History of Oceana
- World History