Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ILL - FADS/GRADS - TexShare
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
ILL is a free library lending service available to current TxState students and employees. ILL borrows items from other libraries that the Alkek Library does not own. Use ILLIAD
, the online interlibrary loan request system, to order your ILL items. Typical turnaround for a book is 1-2 weeks and must be picked up at and returned to the library. Articles are sent to requestors via email.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
512.245.4893; Items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk on the 3rd floor of the Library.
Faculty Article Delivery (FADS)
Via GrADS and FADS, Alkek Library delivers electronic copies of articles or book chapters (choose *article request* and put in page numbers) from our print journal collection right to your desktop or mobile device.
A TexShare card is free for all current Texas State students and employees and provides borrowing privileges at Participating Libraries
Search for Books & More in the Library:
Use the Library Catalog to search for print resources, multimedia resources, and ebooks. The Library Catalog also provides location and availability details. Use quotation marks for "phrase searching"
Alkek Library's 3rd floor Juvenile Collection offers lots of STEM-related material, including related awards:
- AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books: Excellence in Science Books celebrate outstanding science writing and illustration for children and young adults and is meant to encourage the writing and publishing of high-quality science books for all age groups.
- Cook Prize (STEM): Honors the best Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) picture book published for children aged eight to ten. It is the only national children's choice award honoring a STEM book.
- Golden Duck: Recognize books in science fiction literature for children.
- Green Earth Book: Honors books that best convey the message of environmental stewardship in these categories: Picture Book; Children’s Fiction; Young Adult Fiction; Children’s Nonfiction; Young Adult Nonfiction.
- Locus Young Adult Award: An annual set of literary awards by the science fiction and fantasy magazine Locus.
- Mathical Book Prize: Recognizes popular, math-related fiction and nonfiction for very young children through teenagers, with a view toward inspiring children of all ages to cultivate a love of mathematics in the world around them.
- NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children: Recognizes the year’s best books for science classrooms, chosen by science educators.
- Various awards honoring illustrations (Art) and text (Reading) are also available.