Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for Finding Books
Types of Searches
- Combine terms using AND.
- This search returns records that contain words that match exactly what you typed in.
- This is often (but not always) the best place to start.
- Catalog uses pre-defined subjects.
- This type of search works well if you are browsing for a particular subject that you know or a broad term. So if you aren't finding anything, switch to the keyword search instead.
- Subjects are arranged using the Library of Congress Classification system.
- Author searches are for looking for items a particular person has authored or written.
- The library catalog works best if you type in searches in the format "Lastname, Firstname."
- If you want books about a person, search for their name by subject.
- Use this search if you know the title of the material that you want.
ILL - TexShare
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
ILL is a free library lending service available to current TxState students and employees. ILL borrows items from other libraries that the Alkek Library does not own. Use ILLIAD, the online interlibrary loan request system, to order your ILL items. Typical turnaround for a book is 1-2 weeks and must be picked up at and returned to the library. Articles are sent to requestors via email.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
512.245.4893 or email.
Items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk on the 3rd floor of the Library.