Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide is designed to help you with your research for CDIS 5362.
Use this guide for help with or links about:
- RRC Library
- Search strategies & techniques
- CDIS related databases
- Citations (including APA format)
This guide may not include everything you want to know about services the library can provide but it should be enough to get you started. For more information please visit the RRC Library Home page at https://www.library.txstate.edu/rrc.
Information About the RRC Library
- The RRC Library is located in Suite 255 of the Avery Building.
- Regular hours are
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, CLOSED
- Sunday, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Regular and altered hours can be found online on our Calendar and Hours Page.
Research & Reference Assistance
- We can assist you in finding information such as articles in journals (including peer reviewed), magazines, and newspapers as well as books, DVDs, streaming media, and more.
- Research & Reference Assistance are available when the library is open and yes that includes evening hours.
- One-on-one research assistance is available in person or online (e.g. chat, text, webcam). We even have the ability to connect over the Internet sharing a desktop and using a webcam/microphone/speakers if desired.
- Research Consultations are scheduled meeting times with a librarian and are available for current students, faculty, and staff of Texas State University. In order to give you the best research assistance please give us at least three business days notice before your requested meeting date. To make a request you can fill out the Research Consultation Request Form (make sure to indicate you wish to meet at the RRC Library) or contact one of the RRC Library librarians (Staff Contact Information).
- Drop-In Service: Feel free to come by the RRC Library anytime we are open and our library staff will try to assist you as best we can. If you require longer and/or devoted time make sure to set up an appointment by contacting one of the librarians (Staff Contact Information) or by using the Research Consultations Form.
Circulation Services (checking items out and in)
- Ask at the library's Information Desk.
- Circulation Services are available whenever the library is open except for the last 15 minutes of the day.
- We can assist you in checking out/in and renewing materials from any of the University Libraries: RRC Library, Alkek Library, Music Library, and Archives & Research Center (ARC).
- Many materials from the other University Libraries can be sent to the RRC Library by using the Request button found in the library's online catalog.
- Most materials from any of the University Libraries can be returned at the RRC Library.
Quiet Study Room (255A)
- The Quiet Room in the library is devoted to quiet study.
- This room is available anytime the library is open.
- There are tables and study carrels to choose from.
- Printing is available from all library computers
- Black & white printing is available in Letter (8.5" x 11") and Legal (8.5" x 14") sizes.
- Color printing is available in Letter (8.5" x 11") and Legal (8.5" x 14") sizes and is set to only print single sided.
- The RRC Library follows the printing procedures established for all of Texas State University. Make sure to ask for details.
- The printer also functions as a scanner. Scanning is a free service to all patrons and guests.
- Materials in this collection represent some of the most used resources by students.
- Although this collection mostly consists of books there are also DVDs, CDs, flash cards, and models available.
Learning Lab (255C)
- The Learning Lab is available for library instruction with academic courses.
- These sessions are typically set up by the course instructor and one of the librarians at the RRC Library.
- When the room is not reserved (most of the time) it is open for general computer use.
Anthony Guardado, Head RRC Librarian