Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to DIY Research
This tutorial is intended to rev up your research skills and assist you in every step of your research paper or project. Move through the research process by following the tabs along the top. You can also take a short cut by clicking on an individual tab that is relevant to your interest.
After completing different sections of this guide, you will be able to:
- Identify types of information resources and their value
- Identify potential resources for your research focus
- Learn how to access appropriate databases, journals and other search systems on the library's website
- Learn tips and tricks to improve your search results
- Evaluate sources and websites
- Understand how to give credit to your sources and avoid plagiarism
Different Types of Library Resources