Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Document Delivery?
Document Delivery is our way of retrieving materials from any of the University Libraries and delivering them to another, or the same, University Library saving you the trouble of going to each location. These libraries include Alkek Library, Music Library, Archives and Research Center (ARC), and RRC Library. To use the service requested items must be owned by one of the University Libraries and must be able to circulate outside the host library.
Examples of types of items that do not qualify for Document Delivery are Reference and Reserve items.
Document Delivery Request Forms
Distance Student Item Request (and also for masters students in nursing):
- Use this form to have items from either Alkek Library or the RRC Library be sent to your home address.
- You will be required to either return items in person or mail items back to the library of origin at your own cost.
- This option is only available to Distance Education students and masters level students in nursing.
Requesting Items from other University Libraries at Texas State University be sent to the RRC Library for checkout:
- Find an item of interest in the library catalog. Make sure you are viewing the record for an item or set.
- If the item can be requested there should be a link near the top of the page labeled "Request". There should be a red checkmark icon just to the left of the "Request" link.
- Click on the "Request" link, enter your NetID and password and make sure to identify the location you want to pick up the item or items (e.g. RRC Library).
- Click the "Enter" button.
Requesting Items from the RRC Library to be retrieved from the shelf and placed on the Hold shelf at the RRC Library for you to check out:
- Follow fhe same directions for the procedure above for requesting items from another library. The system will alow you to chose the same library the item is kept at. We are happy to offer this paging service.
Anthony Guardado, Head RRC Librarian