CHECKLIST FOR EVALUATING A WEB PAGE:
* Identify the author and the author's expertise on the topic.
* Verify the facts, statistics, or quotes on the web page in another source.
* Identify the agenda of the page: are they selling something or promoting a point-of-view that benefits them?
* Check to see when the page was last updated. If you can't find a date, consider using a different source.
DO THE ABOVE BECAUSE:
* Most people don't know what they are talking about.
* Many people will make up facts, misrepresent facts, or leave out facts in order to support their position.
* People will tell you anything if money or power is somehow involved.
AND IN THE END:
* Learn to think for yourself and do not rely on gathering other people's opinions posted on the internet.