Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Not sure where to head with a General Studies major? Check out the Career Center for help!
And feel free to check out their resources!
Career Research Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Provides overviews of occupations and projections for employment over the next decade, by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Career Center: Explore occupations - click on the title to access through the library website. You'll need to create an account, but it's free through the library.
- Candid Career: Video database of informational interviews to help you discover and explore your many career options.
- Credo Reference: General research on any topic, including careers. It also provides other keywords for searching!
- O*NET OnLine: Free online resource providing information about occupations by the US Department of Labor and Employment and Training Administration.
- Career OneStop: A source for career exploration, training, and jobs by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Explore Job Listings
Get to know your professional association at the local, state, and national levels...they often have job listings.
- jobstarsUSA: Scroll down for a list of professional associations and organizations.
- GovtJobs: choose your state, choose your job type, and see what shows up.
- USAJOBS: Search federal jobs located in the US and around the world.
- GoinGlobal: A career and employment resource that includes extensive content job and internship postings.
- HigherEdJobs: Click on "Administrative" under "By Category" and find listings for all types of jobs in colleges and universities around the country.
- LiveCareer: Website that links to numerous sources for college, career, and job search advice.
- ReferenceUSA: Search job listings from all over the country.