Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
ILL is a free lending service available to current Texas State students and employees. ILL borrows items from other libraries that Alkek Library does not own such as journal articles, books, DVDs, CDs—anything you might need for your research.
Use ILLiad, the online Interlibrary Loan request, to order your ILL items. Enter as much information as you know about the item you need, and the ILL staff will try to track it down.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
512.245.4893 or email
with additional questions. Items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk on the 3rd floor of the Library.
- All current Texas State students and employees are eligible.
- Cards are valid for 1 long semester.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students that do not return items will have "holds" placed on their records. This will prevent you from registering for classes, obtaining transcripts or grades, etc.
- For questions about TexShare contact the Checkout Desk at 512.245.3681 or via email.
Ask A Librarian-v
Use the Ask a Librarian service for questions about library resources, research assignments or other information. We offer chat and text, or you can email your question.
Individual Research Consultations
You may also make an online or face-to-face appointment with a subject librarian. Learn more about individual research consultations.