Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Procedure for Assigning & Confirming Consultations
Librarian responsible for allocating consultations
- Check the Alkek Library Reference folder daily
- Note the class/subject and then forward to the appropriate subject librarian.
- Change the Subject line of the email to reflect the last name of requester, subject and & librarian:
- Mark the request email as Allocated (blue box)
Once you have been allocated a consultation request:
- Contact Student and arrange time/place (consultation room is ALK232)
- Indicate in “Alkek Library Reference” Outlook shared folder that appointment has been scheduled:
- Select Categorize (in Home banner)
- Then select “Confirmed & Selected” option (red box) (see Figure 1)
- Open Instruction Calendar and enter research consultation. Green color-coded.
- Subject line: 11-12/Individual/MV (Time/Number of students/Your initials)
- Include RM # under location (ALK 232 is consultation room)
- Copy/Paste original email from Barb in the Details box (include link at bottom for LibAnalytics)
- Send yourself an invitation, and accept it so it appears in your own calendar (optional)
- After research consultation, enter relevant information in LibAnalytics record
- Send Survey link to student: http://www.libsurveys.com/loader.php?id=3cb24f8ac00fb6ae260468d0c8aed38
AFTER THE RESEARCH CONSULATION....
- Click on ‘edit this record’, and add any other relevant information (prep time, etc)