Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
American Geographical Society (AGS)
- "The American Geographical Society is an organization of professional geographers and other devotees of geography who share a fascination with the subject and a recognition of its importance."
Association of American Geographers (AAG)
"The Association of American Geographers (AAG) is a nonprofit scientific and educational society founded in 1904. Its members from more than 60 countries share interests in the theory, methods, and practice of geography, which they cultivate through the AAG's Annual Meeting, two scholarly journals (Annals of the Association of American Geographers and The Professional Geographer), and the monthly AAG Newsletter."
Association for Geographic Information
- The national coordinating body for GIS in the United Kingdom focused on maximizing the use of Geographic Information (GI) for the benefit of the citizen, good governance, and commerce".
Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CaGIS)
- "An organization focused on furthering new developments and theories in cartography and GIS".
Canadian Association of Geographers (CAG)
Geospatial Information and Technology Association (GITA)
"The Geospatial Information and Technology Association (GITA) is the professional association and leading advocate for anyone using geospatial technology to help operate, maintain, and protect the infrastructure, which includes organizations such as utilities, telecommunication companies, and the public sector."
GIS Certification Institute
- "A tax-exempt, non-profit organization that provides the geographic information systems (GIS) community with a complete certification program, leading to GISP® (Certified GIS Professional) recognition".
- "A national association for private firms in the surveying, spatial data and geographic information systems field in the United States. Their mission is to “To promote the geospatial business and professionalism in its practice” ".
National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE)
"The National Council for Geographic Education works to enhance the status and quality of geography teaching and learning."
The Imaging and Geospatial Information Society
- "Founded in 1934, the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) is a scientific association serving more than 7,000 professionals worldwide."
University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS)
- "An organization dedicated to advancing knowledge in geospatial science through research, education, and policy endeavors in higher education as well as allied institutions".
Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA)
- "URISA - The Association for GIS Professionals - is a leading provider of learning and knowledge for the GIS community. URISA connects great ideas and great people to inspire leadership and achievement."
Please let us hear from you. It helps us to help you better. Thank you.