- Geocode a limited number of addresses with this tool and display them on Google map. You may also export the obtained coordinates and use it in subsequent GIS analysis.
Calculate Distance Between Two Points
- Calculate straight line/Euclidean/crow flight distance and bearings between any two locations on earth.
Convert me (Length Converter)
- Convert any length in any unit to another including English or imperial units like furlong, and link, and even rarely known international measures like the Japanese shyaku, Chinese chi, Thai sawk etc.
- An interactive web tool for obtaining crop data as well as other basic geometric and statistical information like total acreage of defined areas.
- Convert lat/long coordinates between degrees, minutes, and seconds and decimal degrees.
FME (Feature Manipulation Engine)
- Touted as the Swiss army knife for data processing. It can convert a wide range of data formats used in CAD, GIS, KML and imagery analysis.
Land Area Calculator
- A free planimeter tool used to measure the enclosed area of a user-defined polygon on a map.
Lat/Long - PLSS Converter
- This tool maps the United States Public Land Survey System onto Google Earth. It also displays townships, sections, and quarter-quarter sections (western states have quarter/quarters mapped, central states do not). Displays calculated area and corner points.
Map Projection Transitions
- A quick visual overview of several map projections.
- An online resource for all type of calculators and metric conversions.
U.S.A Geodetic Benchmarks Finder
- Find National Spatial Reference System maintained by USGS. The data include elements of spatial reference such as latitude, longitude, elevation, shoreline information and their changes over time.
U.S.A. Address to Township or PLSS Converter
- Use this utility to obtain the PLSS township information associated with an address. Follow these steps: after opening the link, find on the left side of the screen a gray bar labeled "Other Featured Data" to see the list of viewable layers. Put a checkmark next to "BLM Public Land Survey System (PLSS)". The map will display the meridians and baselines. Now type an address in the search box at the top of the screen. In the search results at the left, click on "Zoom to" underneath one of the results. You will see Township and Range and Section Numbers.
World Map Changes (Wikipedia)
- A comprehensive historical track of world geopolitical changes.
Worldwide Coordinate Systems Finder
- Use this tool which is maintained by the European Petroleum Survey Group to find coordinates of specific locations around the world.
Zonums KML to ship
- This web system provides a variety of tools for various analysis. They include Epoint2GE: Excel to Google Earth; Kml2shp 2: Google Earth to shapefile; Shp2kml 2: Shapefile to Google Earth; Epoint2CAD: Excel to AutoCAD; Ucons: Units Conversion Tool; Color-it: Color your Map; KMLTolbox: KML online tools