Step 1: Pick Your Topic.
Picking a topic is more than just finding a problem and brainstorming a solution - it's a process throughout your research. You need to...
- start with a problem/solution and figure out the core concepts (main ideas) driving each,
- brainstorm keywords for your core concepts,
- find some basic background information on individual concepts (and more keywords!),
- start searching for articles/data on your problem and solution,
- then refine your problem and solution to be specific, real, and something you can complete in one semester.
These steps are outlined in the next pages...