Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Places to get help are listed below.
- Once you're ready, click to start the tutorial. (Best completed in Firefox or Edge.)
- If you need more help, go back to the Home tab and you can contact me!
HELP! I have a really complex research project!
HELP! I can't find any information!
HELP! Alkek doesn't have the book/article/video I need!
First, see if we can help (Ask A Librarian!). If we can't find it in our collection, we may be able to find it through:
What is it?
How does it work?
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is a way to get items from other libraries that the Alkek Library does not own—journal articles, books, DVDs, CDs, anything you might need for your research.
How long does it take?
- Use ILLiad to order your ILL items. (1) Make an account, (2) enter as much information as you can about the item you need, and (3) the ILL staff will try to track it down.
- You can manage/track your ILL requests from your ILLiad account at any time!
- Turnaround times vary—to be safe, plan to wait a few business days for an article and at least a week for a book.
Need further help? Call the ILL desk at 512-245-4893.
OR, WE CAN HELP YOU GO GET IT YOURSELF!
Request a card online through this TexShare Card request form or sign up in person at the Checkout Desk.
- Texshare cards allow you borrowing privileges at many local libraries, including the following participating libraries.
- All current students and employees are eligible.
- Cards are valid for an entire semester.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students that do not return items will have "holds" attached to their records that prevent you from registering for classes, obtain transcripts or grades, etc.
- For questions about TexShare contact the Circulation/Reserve desk at 512.245.3681
HELP! I'm writing a paper and I'm confused!