Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introducing Reading List Builder for Canvas
The Reading List (RL) External Tool provides an easy way to create and manage course reading lists right from the Canvas Learning Management System. These readings will connect right to library resources, reducing the risk of violating copyright through downloads of PDFs, and without needing to manage a bunch of attachments.
Enable the Reading List External Tool:
- Within "Modules", use "+" to add an "External Tool". Choose Reading List.
- Click on the new Tool in your Module.
- Search the library’s content from within the Canvas
- Click “Add to Reading List” and your selections are saved
- Annotate reading list items and copy other reading lists created at Texas State. (*Please note that the full text to which Texas State subscribes is sometimes subject to unique conditions for use as course materials, and the guidelines for each must be followed, as appropriate.)
Please let us know if you like it by filling out the Faculty Feedback for Reading List.
Canvas External Tool: Reading List